[FFmpeg-user] What is Segmentation fault: 11 ?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 21:49:20 EEST 2016

> Am 23.08.16 um 08:56 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> Please test a current snapshot (I don't think we support
>> releases on osx) and please test with "./configure && make ffmpeg",
>> I cannot reproduce on Linux.
>> In case this hasn't been said: Crashes are always important.
>
> OK, I've tested with the version 3.1.2 from http://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/

Which as explained there is not supported here.
Please understand that all releases contain more bugs and less features
than current FFmpeg, limited support for releases exist for distributions
(but not osx and Windows).

> and I've build a new own version using "./configure && make ffmpeg".
> Both times I did not see the Segmentation fault: 11 issue. So, this has
> to do with some of my compile options.

> What option is most likely to cause this?

This is what I would like you to tell us so we can find out if there is a
bug that can be fixed within FFmpeg.

Carl Eugen