[FFmpeg-user] What is Segmentation fault: 11 ?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Aug 23 22:20:01 EEST 2016

Am 23.08.2016 um 20:49 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> Am 23.08.16 um 08:56 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>>> Please test a current snapshot (I don't think we support
>>> releases on osx) and please test with "./configure && make ffmpeg",
>>> I cannot reproduce on Linux.
>>> In case this hasn't been said: Crashes are always important.
>>
>> OK, I've tested with the version 3.1.2 from http://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/
>
> Which as explained there is not supported here.
> Please understand that all releases contain more bugs and less features
> than current FFmpeg, limited support for releases exist for distributions

BLA

stop to tell the world that ffmpeg is the one and only project on this
planet where the current snapshot never has bugs and regressions than
releases just because ffmmpeg developers are perfect and never make
mistakes - if that wold be true then after ffmpeg 1.0 no uodates would
have been needed

what you *realy* tell the world is that you *hope* that whatever problem
someone has is fixed *by luck* in current snapshot while *hope* that it
does not break other things

that *maybe* will happen becuas eof *luck* but pretend it is that way by
defintionwas, is and will always be *bullshit*

FACT IS: nobody cares really about releases and versions and hence "try
the latest snapshot because i don't want to take a look at something
else" is the daily repeated phrase

NO DMANED - yoftware usually is NOT a daily moving target based on
"hopefully the issue you see is gone today and other things worked
yesterday and ar eborken now hopefully het fixed the next day while you
don't face it now"

STOP SPREAD THIS BULLSHIT BY DEFINITION

you can argue that way if someone comes with a months old arndom bug but
pretend that only the current snapshot is saint is JUST BULLSHIT -
common sense man!