[FFmpeg-user] custom call

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Aug 29 23:38:00 EEST 2016

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 20:35:37 +0100, Kieran O Leary wrote:
> On 29 Aug 2016 8:22 p.m., <oscar at medinasgroup.com> wrote:
> > I am not a tech savvy person only a logical one!

You are doing a quite techy thing, Oscar, you will need to get savvy!
;-) (Actually, I do understand you just want to use the platform they
so practically provide to you.)

> ' I now have an ffmpeg command that gives me the duration in seconds,
> so how do I set a filesize rule?' The answer to that question is for
> 'Cumulus', not the ffmpeg support list.

OT I must say that even for me, a tech savvy person, I don't understand
the docs immediately. They're probably written by someone who already
knows how it works. ;-) (Assuming you are referring to
http://cumulusclips.org/ .) E.g. they have a whole page on Plugin
Hooks, but they don't *really* describe when the Events are triggered.
You have to guess from the name of the hooks. I wouldn't know which one
gets triggered after the file is "uploaded".  "uploaded" was used
ambiguously in your original email, and it does seem to be ambiguous:
upload.end, upload_video.end, upload_complete.end are three possible
events.

Cheers,
Moritz

P.S.: I wanted to point out that ffprobe will show duration mostly by
      what the header claims, the stream(s) could in reality be longer
      (or shorter) in certain cases. But let's not get into that. ;-)