[FFmpeg-user] Millisecond timestamp accuracy on Windows?

Jesse Koegler jessekoegler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 01:18:30 EEST 2016

Hello all,

I am operating in a windows environment and have some videos that I would
like to add timestamps to. However, I cannot seem to find a command to add
millisecond or even centi-second accuracy to the timestamps. I can get down
to seconds, but getting finer accuracy seems to elude me. I have tried this:

ffmpeg  -y -i path\to\oldVideo\output.mp4 -vf
"drawtext=expansion:fontfile=arial.ttf: text='%{localtime\: %Y-%m-%d
%H-%M-%S}'
:x=10:y=30:fontcolor=yellow:box=1:boxcolor=0x00000000:fontsize=12"
path\to\newVideo.mp4

which works and does show timestamps, but only to second accuracy which is
not what I want. Is there any way, either through localtime or some other
mechanism that I can get millisecond or centisecond output?

I omitted current console output of the above command for brevity, as it is
working as intended -- I am just looking for some way to add millisecond
accuracy. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jesse