[FFmpeg-user] Can't synchronize two webcam streams side by side using ffmpeg

bob Darkblue darkbluewonderfulworld at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 17:14:37 EET 2016

>> [0:v] setpts=PTS-STARTPTS,
>> [1:v] setpts=PTS-STARTPTS,

>Isn't this making sure that the two streams are not synchronised?
I copy pasted it from
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Create%20a%20mosaic%20out%20of%20several%20input%20videos

I don't understand it quite well but it should take care of the little
difference in start time between :
Input #0, video4linux2,v4l2, from '/dev/video1':
  Duration: N/A, start:* 858.256014*, bitrate: N/A
Input #1, video4linux2,v4l2, from '/dev/video0':
  Duration: N/A, start:* 858.878636*, bitrate: N/A

I've also tried to remove the option and also tried with setpts=PTS but
there is still a ~1s synchronization issue.

>>> ffmpeg version 3.2 Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers

>Please remember to test current FFmpeg git head before asking
>for support here.

I'm currently compiling it. Will retest on the git version when the
compilation is done.