[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg looses audio sync on broken TS files... mencoder not ; -(

Toerless Eckert tte at cs.fau.de
Thu Dec 8 17:39:29 EET 2016

On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 10:39:42AM +0100, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > [resending with attachment zipped and stripped to pass the the mailing list size gate]
>
> Why is this necessary?
> Console output typically has 100 - 200 lines, why did you have
> to compress?

Did you check the file that i attached ?

Given how the problem is about errors in the to be encoded, i thought i should
leave all the lines of error indications that ffmpeg output during encoding.
It could explain to you if/why/how AV gets out of sync. And for the five
test runs i provided with different parameters it turned out to be
some megabytes of output which is why i had to strip it and compress it.

> > - the input file is 2GB large
>
> Do I understand correctly that if you cut the input file in two 1GB
> samples, both do not allow to reproduce the issue?

I think i can cut down the input file to < 1 GByte and still allow
to reproduce the problem. I just don't know where to upload an eg: 800 MByte file to.

Cheers
    Toerless