[FFmpeg-user] hyperthreading support

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Dec 11 12:00:37 EET 2016

Am 11.12.2016 um 07:21 schrieb Joshua Grauman:
> I am thinking about upgrading my cpu from a Core i5-4690K to a Core
> i7-4790K. At the same clock speed, will ffmpeg run faster with the i7?
> Does ffmpeg support hyperthreading or other features of the i7?

there are no other features then HT which are different expect the clock
speed - no idea why you are saying "same clock speed" - anyways, HT
brings you around 15% and the i7 has larger cches and a higher clock
speed combined with HT

http://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2011-March/000081.html

http://ark.intel.com/de/products/80811/Intel-Core-i5-4690K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz
https://ark.intel.com/de/products/80807/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_40-GHz