[FFmpeg-user] help trying to record video+live stream from an ipcam.

Fernando Lopez fernando.lopezjr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 08:17:15 EET 2016

I would like to capture video from my ip camera into 60min segments but
live stream that video at the same time. how could I do this? the current
problem that I am facing right now is that it records the video in 60 mins
segments but when I play the generated .m3u8 playlist it starts at the
beginning of the video and not at the end like a live stream. any solution
to this?

ffmpeg -i inputfromcam.h264 -map 0 -c:v copy -an -flags -global_header -f
ssegment -segment_list_flags +live -segment_time 3600 -segment_list
play.m3u8 outputseg%03d.ts

Thank you. =)