[FFmpeg-user] stream pre-encoded local files as a live source

Egor Egorblch temp_for_x at mail.ru
Sun Dec 25 14:51:21 EET 2016

Hello to everyone,

Need some help with streaming different local files in a bunch of different containers and codecs.

I have a huge video collection that I recorded through the years on different camcorders so there
is a mass .avi/.ts/.mp4/.mkv/etc. files in different folders on my local drive.

I'd like to stream them to my home DLNA server as a live stream so that I could watch them on my
smart TV. Also, I don't want to re encode them so that they all have the same container and codec.

How can I achieve that goal with ffmpeg? Can't find how to stream a folder not a file in the FFmpeg documentation.

I'd like to run a few copies of FFmpeg with something like this:
ffmpeg -re -i "path/folder1" -vcodec copy -acodec copy rtmp://server/live/streamName
ffmpeg -re -i "path/folder2" -vcodec copy -acodec copy rtmp://server/live/streamName
ffmpeg -re -i "path/folder3" -vcodec copy -acodec copy rtmp://server/live/streamName

After that I'd like to make a .m3u play list with those links and apply it on my DLNA server as a
IPTV links.

Is it possible to do with FFmpeg?

Brgds,
Egor