[FFmpeg-user] Need help with ffmpeg library installation on RHEL5

Kachhawal, Vijay P vijay_kachhawal at optum.com
Tue Feb 2 14:24:23 CET 2016

Hi Reindl Harald,

I tried installing locally after downloaded rpm package from the site which returned me with the error list I shared in the email. Then I tried installing the dependent library one by one but I reached to a stage where libraries were interdependent which I could not resolve. Just to add, I am not a regular user of Linux machines so do not have much idea how the things works. Even I tried "yum install ffmpeg" option but that also resulted in errors.

Please help me with some simple steps to install this library.

Thanks,
Vijay