[FFmpeg-user] Using latest NDK and ffmpeg version results in very slow video processing on android

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Feb 2 21:42:14 CET 2016

Srikanth Kommineni <srikanth0569 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> What is an acceptable way I can give you a sample to reproduce?

Either upload to incoming - see http://ffmpeg.org/download.html
there is no size limit - or to any upload site like
http://www.datafilehost.com/

> You mentioned build scripts are not supported,

Correct.

> would you like me to give you the binaries that I compiled
> from both the times or should I give you sample android apps
> for both the cases ?

No, please read what I have written (this would have been
much easier if you had avoided top-posting):
> > Please provide the used configure command.

I will use your (or a very similar) configure command to
build FFmpeg and try to reproduce a decoding speed
regression with the sample you upload on an Android
device.

Please note that I will (most likely) not test encoding
with libx264, so if the reason for the regression are
different versions of x264 that you use, you will have to
ask on their mailing list (or use the same version).

Carl Eugen