[FFmpeg-user] top posting issue

Roman romeo.r at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 13:29:21 CET 2016

Most of the time, it doesn't cause serious problems with readability and
may encourage people to contribute usefully if they're posting on, say, a
cellphone, or in a hurry.
It's an "open source thing". The only place you commonly find people
complaining about it is on lists just like this one, dedicated to the
technical discussion of open source software, where certain people feel the
need to prove something.
Ignore complaints about it. They're background noise.

I would only partially agree with you. Yes, it seems to me as a background
noise also, but well, when you call friends or guests to your home place,
you expect them to behave as ethics rules say. So I'd better try to change
my behavior a bit, BUT yet if it won't make me to change some Gmail
settings that will affect other conversations I do (this sound like I would
insist all my guests be naked at my home place. )

--
Best regards,
Roman.