[FFmpeg-user] top posting issue

Jason C jason.cipriani at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:50:43 CET 2016

On Feb 4, 2016 4:46 AM, "Roman" <romeo.r at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I've seen many times people asking/forcing not to top-post to the list...
> So here I've got a question.. Why ? Most of programs, including gmail app
> and gmail web come with top posting by default and this is the way all
> people are used to read mail. Why the hell one should scroll down to see
> the last post if it is very ok to see the last post on the top of incming
> e-mail.
> Where such attitude/culture comes from? Anyone to explain?

There's no reason to clutter the mailing lists info with this one.

Information about this etiquette, preferences for both styles, and history
and reasons for both is *readily* available from *many* sources with
cursory Google searching. The FFmpeg mailing list isn't the greatest venue
nor is this discussion necessary.

Simply type "top and bottom post" into your favorite search engine.

Jason