[FFmpeg-user] Can't use some frei0r effects on Windows (through FFmpeg)

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Feb 4 21:27:41 CET 2016

On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 17:06:52 +0200, Bohdan Prokopovych wrote:
[I'm having problems with your console output, because I don't see line
breaks on my receiving end, and either my mailer or my editor is
truncating nearly endless line in the response.]

I have no idea abot frei0r, but:

> [Parsed_frei0r_0 @ 0371dbe0] compat: called with args=[filter_name=cartoon]

Does "compat" mean it prefers different arguments nowadays?

> [Parsed_frei0r_0 @ 0371dbe0] Setting 'filter_name' to value 'cartoon'
> [Parsed_frei0r_0 @ 0371dbe0] Looking for frei0r effect in 'C:\Users\root\resources\frei0r/cartoon.dll'.
> [Parsed_frei0r_0 @ 0371dbe0] Looking for frei0r effect in '/usr/local/lib/frei0r-1/cartoon.dll'.
> [Parsed_frei0r_0 @ 0371dbe0] Looking for frei0r effect in '/usr/lib/frei0r-1/cartoon.dll'.
> [Parsed_frei0r_0 @ 0371dbe0] Looking for frei0r effect in '/usr/local/lib64/frei0r-1/cartoon.dll'.
> [Parsed_frei0r_0 @ 0371dbe0] Looking for frei0r effect in '/usr/lib64/frei0r-1/cartoon.dll'.
> [Parsed_frei0r_0 @ 0371dbe0] Could not find module 'cartoon'.
> [AVFilterGraph @ 04cc7080] Error initializing filter 'frei0r' with args 'filter_name=cartoon'
> Error opening filters!

It your cartoon.dll actually located at one of those five names
locations?

If not: Where does your FREI0R_PATH point to? Did you set it properly?
Perhaps ffmpeg+Windows doesn't handle this path string too well:
'C:\Users\root\resources\frei0r/cartoon.dll'
Though it should.

Just guessing,
Moritz