[FFmpeg-user] NVENC HEVC Stuttering / macroblock display issue onLG TV

Pierre-Yves Hocquellet zheer34 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 11:01:59 CET 2016

My issue was resolved thanks the email below, I wanted to share as my be useful to others. If developers are reading this, it may be helpful to add a command line option to enable or disable AUDs for nvenc

I was however able to correctly play files encoded with x265 without AUD so there’s possibly another issue with nvenc there...

Also a couple of observations on Nvenc hevc:
- To encode with constant quantizer, only the -global_quality parameter works, using -qscale or -q doesn’t work, not sure why
- With -qmin and -qmax, basically the file ends up begin all at qmin ...
- The resulting bitrate varies enormously when using constant q on source files with similar bitrate which I found a bit odd

Thanks a lot for all the help !