[FFmpeg-user] Broken video after converting audio

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Mon Feb 8 22:43:52 CET 2016

On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 21:22:52 +0100
"Thomas Brischle" <thomasbrischle at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use the following batch to convert the DTS Audio track to AAC
> within a mkv container:

We don't provide support for user scripts here: just the actual ffmpeg
commands. We're not here to debug scripting issues which is often where
problems originate.

>  Code: Select all[https://3c.gmx.net/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fffmpeg.gusari.org%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D11%26t%3D2654%26p%3D7935%23]for /r .

What's with the weird re-direct?

> %%F IN (*.mkv) do (
> echo * %%~nF.mkv
> echo.
>        ffmpeg -v quiet -i %%~nF.mkv -c:a pcm_s16le -f wav - | neroAacEnc -if - -ignorelength -of %%~nF.aac

Why are you using neroAacEnc instead of an encoder supported by ffmpeg,
such as libfdk_aac?

[...]

> I can play it(sound + video works) but I can not choose chapters, or
> move to a specific part of the movie, if I do so(choose chapter or
> move slider) it allways starts from the beginning....

With what player?

> Can someone help me with this?

How can we duplicate the issue? You need to show your actual, unscripted
commands and the complete console output for each. If specific inputs
are required to reproduce the issue then please provide them.