[FFmpeg-user] digest authorization on sdp connection

yuji-ffmpeg at eikai.co.jp yuji-ffmpeg at eikai.co.jp
Tue Feb 9 13:41:26 CET 2016

Dear ffmpeg lovers,

I'd like to ask how to access with digest authorization using sdp file on
ffmpeg.

I have a webcam Panasonic VL-CD265.
It has H.264 encoder and the video stream can got by ffmpeg version 2.8.5
$ ffmpeg -i 'rtsp://id:password@camaddr /MediaInput/h264/stream_1' -c:v copy
cam1.mkv
Thanks for very useful software ffmpeg!

The camera has also a microphone, the sound stream however aren't contained.
Yet, recently, I found a recorded video with sound unexpectedly.
It may be due to interactive access for the cam in the same time of starting
recording, anyway I don't know.

Fortunately, I can verbose output in this case, and thanks to google and
nice guys, I can request the stream with sound.
I made a sdp file and tried to get full stream, but I couldn't.

$ cat cam1.sdp
v=0
o=- 1 1 IN IP6 2001:addr:of:cam1
s=Media Presentation
e=NONE
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0
b=AS:2080
t=0 0
a=control:*
a=range:npt=now-
m=video 0 RTP/AVP 96
b=AS:4096
a=framesize:97 1280-720
a=framerate:30.0
a=control:trackID=1
a=rtpmap:98 H264/90000
a=fmtp:98 packetization-mode=1
a=h264-esid:201
m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 97
b=AS:32
a=control:trackID=2
a=rtpmap:97 G726-32/8000
a=h264-esid:101
$ ffmpeg -i cam1.sdp -c:v copy -c:a copy cam1.mkv

But it cannot receive any packet.
"-analyzeduration 2G" "-probesize 2G" "-flags +global_header" couldn't help
me.
In this case, the file and command doesn't contain information for
authorization.
I think I need id and password for digest auth in the .sdp.
Can I add the auth info, or any idea?

The full output is attached.

Thank you for being patient with my English. Thank you in advance, Yuji.