[FFmpeg-user] how to concate two wmv files ?

Jim Worrall coniophora at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 21:03:10 CET 2016

> On 2016 Feb 15, at 11:59 AM, G Alexander <glen_alexndr at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> what is this homework? this post is from someone who is clueless about video.
>
> unless the two wmv’s have the same bitrate, fps, etc and audio properties etc you cannot “concatenate” them and have decent output as ffmpeg will use defaults and result in a crap low bitrate output.  you have to convert each to a common format then map the input streams into an output stream.

So why don’t you provide a better answer?  Why the hostility?  Obviously we know nothing about the files other than that they are wmv.  I was encouraging the poster to provide a command line and output that would reveal more information.

The files likely have the same properties.  Even if they don’t, the links I provided encompass even concatenating streams that have different codecs.  Other differences would have to be dealt with as more information is revealed.

Please do not top-post here ;-)