[FFmpeg-user] Which command line can do dvb_teletext from ts to mp4

Henk D. Schoneveld belcampo at zonnet.nl
Tue Feb 16 01:43:18 CET 2016

On 16 Feb 2016, at 01:16, Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 01:01:05 +0100, Henk D. Schoneveld wrote:
>> Where could I have found all this info about "-fix_sub_duration-txt_format text -txt_page 888” and this before “-i source"
>> Thanks a lot.
>
> Is that a rhetorical question? ;-) If not:
No it was not.

> If you look at this doc page (or some other related google hit):
> https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html
> and search for teletext, the first thing you will find is the
> desciption of the libzvbi-teletext decoder.
> https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#libzvbi_002dteletext
Yes I’ve seen that but I wasn’t able to find examples of how to construct a proper command line.

> It doesn't say right there, but somewhere where ffmpeg's options system
> is described, that decoder options are *input* options and belong
> before the corresponding input.
Sorry but my knowledge was insufficient for this. The -ss and -t option, also input options can both be used before and after the input, it wasn’t obvious to me anyway.

> The "-fix_sub_duration" is Carl Eugen's special discovery for you. ;-)
> He understood the (apparently common) symptom you were describing.
>
>> Now only have to load the mkv in subler and save as mp4 afterwards.
>> So still 2 steps, hoping for the mov_text version to make it perfect.
>
> I didn't quite follow in the thread - what is this extra step good for,
> and why cannot not be done by ffmpeg in the first place?
The subject line tells my goal, usable format on almost every device. It’s impossible to extract dvb_teletext from an .ts => mp4 compatible mov_text. Carl helped me to do this via the ass mkv way.