[FFmpeg-user] Timestamps for mpjpeg demuxer

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Feb 18 00:27:56 CET 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 23:40:32 +0100, Dmpfbck wrote:
> I've used top-posting as I've seen it everywhere, so I did it like it's
> used to be done. I was telling people not to make TOFUs for years in the
> past (in the usenet). Anyway, got it.

Usenet is the perfect school for proper netiquette and understanding
what is most practical. ;-)

> Wow, what a start! But now back to topic: I've looked again at the list
> of demuxers, but I didn't find another simple one to provide timestamped
> images.

I had wondered myself:
http://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2016-January/030178.html
(I'm using a "multipart/replace" stream, or whatever that crude MIME
invention is called.)

So the input option "-use_wallclock_as_timestamps" should do the trick,
possibly in combination with "-re".

I don't recall whether ffmpeg could grab the timestamps from the stream
- I believe not. I do know that my stream, coming from "motion", does
not provide a "Last-modified" header or the likes per frame.

Moritz