[FFmpeg-user] Audio Normalization with ffmpeg

master yoda doenerbudenchef at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 23 16:32:15 CET 2016

I actually use volumedetect first to determine the peak level of an audio stream and set the correct value with -filter_complex volume=x,y dB in my video transcoding script to normalize the audio level. I've seen in the ffmpeg 3.0 changelog, that there are two new filters available: alimit and dynaudnorm. Can I use one of these filters to do a simple audio normalization? It seems to me that dynaudnorm is a bit too much for my scenario. I don't want to "applying extra gain to the "quiet" sections".
Thanks,Alex