[FFmpeg-user] Real-time HAP encoded streaming

Kenneth Fields ken.fields at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 04:13:17 CET 2016

Hi,
in general documentation,
Supported External Libraries, Formats, Codecs or Features <https://ffmpeg.org/general.html>=
I see Vidvox HAP under 2.1 file formats and not under video codecs.
Can real-time HAP encoded network streaming be done? Anyone stats
or reports on P2P HAP encoded streaming latency?

A normal, H.264 codec is unusable for p2p conferencing/performing as it
takes seconds to encode. I send audio separately (uncompressed
with Jacktrip), so the audio gets there first, without compression delay.

We want to use the GPU for HAP encoding.

On wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_codecs <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_codecs>
I see:
Realtime[edit <https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_codecs&action=edit&section=18>]