[FFmpeg-user] Need help; willing to pay

Matthew Adams matthew at matthewadams.me
Wed Jan 6 05:15:56 CET 2016

Moritz & Steve,

Thanks for your ffmpeg commands.  On my MacBook Pro Retina 15", I ran them
(took less than 30 secs or so) and then viewed the resulting files in both
VLC & QuickTime.

Both of the resulting videos did *exactly* what I was trying to get rid of:
 a second or so of real-time action at the beginning, then a long super
slow-motion middle, then a second or so of real-time action at the end.

I just want the whole video to be in real time.  Size is of secondary
concern.  Interestingly, QuickTime actually *shows *where the three
sections are with two delimiters -- I wish I could show you the screen
shot, but I can't get a screen shot of the QuickTime controls overlay (it
keeps disappearing).  Even more interestingly, VLC plays some of the videos
choppily but in real time with no slow motion; QuickTime shows the
different frame rates, but lets me speed things up to real-time.  I admin
to being at a bit of a loss to determine why VLC is in choppy real-time &
QuickTime always honors the recorded frame rates.

Any more suggestions/sample commands?  Will I need to cut the real-time
portions out, then convert the middle slo-mo to match the real-time
portions' frame rates, then concatenate the three parts all back together?
If so, how do I (1) find the 2 spots to cut at, (2) actually cut the file
into 3 parts, (3) convert the slo-mo to real-time, then (4) concatenate
them all back together again?

-matthew

PS: FWIW, with a 10.7 Mb original video, Steve's command resulted in a 13.7
Mb video, Moritz's, 9.3 Mb.