[FFmpeg-user] Need help; willing to pay

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 12:01:21 CET 2016

Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 13:30:07 -0600, Matthew Adams wrote:
>> I pulled the files off of the iPhone using iExplorer, a nice little
>> tool to get at the iOS filesystem.
>
> Hmm. Something tells me this isn't the raw video as it comes from
> your device, but it was manipulated by Google (Drive) after your
> upload:
>
> $ sha1sum variable-bitrate-sample.mov
> 3820bb93784835f2257299008fed2fafeaacd5c5
> variable-bitrate-sample.mov $ ffmpeg -i variable-bitrate-sample.mov
> ffmpeg version 2.6.5 Copyright (c) 2000-2015 the FFmpeg developers
> [...] Metadata: creation_time   : 2016-01-03 05:53:31 handler_name
> : IsoMedia File Produced by Google, 5-11-2011
>
> I don't think any Apple product inserts such metadata. ;-)
>
> Googl(ouch!)ing a bit, it does seem iOS creates variable frame rate
> videos. But usually, they are detected as such, or in other words,
> the headers and timestamps properly reflect that.
>
> So I think Google Drive ruined your video by doing some bad CFR
> magic to it.

That's just plain out of order. Though as someone who puts samples on
free drive and hasn't noticed I just did a test.

Copied/renamed Jan22016-150PM-b6cs7K.mov to gtest.mov and uploaded with
browser.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxP5-S1t9VEEd2FacGVJMmdmaHc/view?usp=sharing

At time of writing I am downloading exactly the same file.

I'll keep an eye on it to see if it changes!

I wonder if there is some setting/upload app involved here.