[FFmpeg-user] Ingest of SMPTE-377M

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jan 7 15:19:06 CET 2016

On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 14:08:44 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> It is a Kenwood V7300D but that doesn't matter:
> Any Dolby-compatible decoder connected via HDMI is
> expected to work fine.
> I didn't know that there is another usage for the
> SPDIF format...

SPDIF via serial optical or electrical port (without HDMI)? Not sure it
makes a difference to HDMI.

I have one of those surround processors, and I'd sure like to try
passing the formats it can handle (Dolby, DTS, perhaps even MP3, even
though you're not sure that's possible) directly from ffmpeg, as
opposed to from my PVR or Blu Ray player. Now I need to know how to
output raw DTS or raw SPDIF to my PC's SPDIF dongle. :-)

OT, but interesting,
Moritz