[FFmpeg-user] [FFMPEG] Audio/Video Syncing

x 94dlve1izy52e5t at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 13:09:36 CET 2016

Hello FFmpeg Team,

Good evening.

I do understand that we can synchronize audio/video stream using the
"*itsoffset*" option as
documented in this website:
=========================================================================================================================
https://wjwoodrow.wordpress.com/2013/02/04/correcting-for-audiovideo-sync-issues-with-the-ffmpeg-programs-itsoffset-switch/
=========================================================================================================================

In fact, I have tested it and it is indeed working. The following line
delays the audio stream by 1 second to synchronize it with
=========================================================================================================================
ffmpeg -y -i http://192.168.0.11:8090/VIDEO_CAM1.mpg -itsoffset 1.0 -i
http://192.168.0.11:8090/AUDIO.mp2 -map 0:0 -map 1:0 test.mp4
=========================================================================================================================
I use ffserver as input source by the way, feeding it with streams from
an IP camera (video) and ALSA (audio).

However, I would like to make the synchronization automatic. Say,
compare the timestamps from each stream and find their difference,
then use the difference as parameter to the "*itsoffset*" option?

Hoping to receive an enlightening response. Thank you very much for your
good product!

Regards,

Guillermo

---