[FFmpeg-user] Converting Audible AAX

Robert Chalmers robert at chalmers.com.au
Thu Jan 14 17:29:02 CET 2016

Thanks. I solved the problem. There is a script for grabbing the activation code from the registered audible account. That is, you have to have an Audible login account, and books in your library.

The original has a small error, so I forked it from Github, and applied the patch. Well, the patch is already there, but not synched…. and I can see no way of contacting the author?
So I forked my own copy.

https://github.com/ShanghaiTimes/audible-activator

This is not my code - and it’s simple Python code, and easy to run from the command line.

and then 	1.
ffmpeg -activation_bytes xxxxxxxx -i Volume1.aax -vn -c:a copy -v debug Voume1.mp4
will work.