[FFmpeg-user] Configure error with Android NDK clang compiler

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jan 17 19:02:58 CET 2016

Marco Pracucci <marco.pracucci <at> spreaker.com> writes:

> I'm getting some issues while compiling ffmpeg with
> Android NDK's clang and this is the first one I encounter:
> *GNU assembler not found, install/update gas-preprocessor*

Allow me a third try:
You cannot report "FFmpeg's configure requires me to
install gas-preprocessor for arm on OSX when using
clang but I don't need it" because it is needed.

You can either install gas-preprocessor and use
--disable-fft for the time being, compilation of the
arm fft code currently fails with clang on osx, see
ticket #5164.
Or you can use gcc for compilation (it does not need
gas-preprocessor) as I believe you have already done.
Third possibility is to use clang but gcc for the
asm, just add --as=..../bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc
to your configure script (no gas-preprocessor needed).

Instead of the (unsupproted) extra-cflags you are
using, please pass --cpu=cortex-a8 to configure.
If you believe this has any disadvantage please tell
us so we can fix it.

Carl Eugen