[FFmpeg-user] Concat introduce artifact between streams

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jan 21 17:37:00 CET 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 17:29:10 +0100, Moro Alexandre wrote:
> ffmpeg.exe -f concat -i clips.list -codec:v copy -acodec none -movflags
> faststart -y out.mp4

Please show us the complete, uncut console output.

> I use 2.8.2, but i try with different version down to 2.5.2 and
> artifact are still here.

How about a newer version instead of an older one (though I acknowledge
that you could find a regression by going backwards)? git master HEAD
is recommended on this list.

> -          Every media are from the same codec h264.

That does not suffice. From the docs:
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html#concat-1

  All files must have the same streams (same codecs, same time base,
  etc.).

  The duration of each file is used to adjust the timestamps of the
  next file: if the duration is incorrect (because it was computed
  using the bit-rate or because the file is truncated, for example), it
  can cause artifacts. The duration directive can be used to override
  the duration stored in each file.

Cheers,
Moritz