[FFmpeg-user] Video filtering for chroma dot crawl and rainbow effect

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jan 25 02:23:52 CET 2016

Christian Johannesen <chrisjohannesen <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Looked through all the documentation for FFMPEG and I can't
> seem to find any video filters that deal with chroma dot
> crawl & rainbow artifacts in files captured from analog
> tape formats.

One of the reasons we always ask for command line including
complete, uncut console output is that it often helps
understanding the original issue.

I am not convinced I understand your issue but maybe you
are searching for the interl option of the scale filter?
$ ffmpeg -i test_720x486i_dotcrawl.mov -vf scale=interl=1,fieldmatch

I opened ticket #5187 because of the green lines fieldmatch
produces.

Carl Eugen