[FFmpeg-user] Old vs New Vesion of ffmpeg - Guidance needed.

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Jan 30 23:38:55 CET 2016

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 16:53:33 -0500, Javier Hernandez wrote:
> ffmpeg.exe -i %1 -s %3x%4 -b 500k -bt 100k -vcodec libx264 -acodec libfaac
> -ar 44100 -ab 32k -ac 2 -y %2 -ss %5 -t %6

> ffmpeg.exe -i %1 -y -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -ab 64k %2 -ss %3 -t %4

> I tried the same commands with the newest version and the output is none.
> Nothing happens.

Im sure at least something happens. ffmpeg provides some console output
which should show you some warnings. Please provide us with this
console output, uncut, so we can see what the issue is.

Parts of your command line are not (or no longer) supported. I.e.
> -ss %3 -t %4
won't have any effect, ffmpeg should warn:
> Trailing options were found on the commandline.
They need to be placed *before* the output file they refer to.

> I am not familiar with this technology from the config perspective. I've
> just been successfully using those command lines for years until I upgraded
> it to the newest version.

Technically, there shouldn't be much of a difference, and apart from
the order of options, your commands could work. Console output will
help us.

Moritz