[FFmpeg-user] Can we solve the following problem with ffmpeg ?

Vinay TS vinay at streamingo.in
Fri Jul 1 14:33:31 CEST 2016

Hello,

I want to know if ffmpeg suite of tools can solve the following problem.

a) I have a Video .mp4, with Subrip sub titles. [ .srt].

b) I stripped the audio stream from the video and  want to use the srt for training my Automated speech recognition effort.

c) I segmented the audio into smaller .wav files using a segmentation tool.

d) On checking if the sound signals and srt time stamps are same, I realized they are not in sync.

e) The srt time stamps were created manually I think .

Is it possible to use ffmpeg suite of tools, to synchronize the srt time stamps with the time stamps on the sound signals.

Any other ideas, would be welcome too.

Thanks

Vinay