[FFmpeg-user] Converting several .webm files to mp3 with one command

Jim Shupert jshupert at pps-inc.com
Fri Jul 1 23:04:34 CEST 2016

On 7/1/2016 11:51 AM, Canadian Cyanide wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some .webm audio files in a folder that I would like to convert to
> mp3 without having to enter the name of each one individually. How would I
> go about doing that? Also, if I'm not supposed to be doing this by email,
> please direct me to the correct place to ask a question.
>
> Thanks,
>
> CanadianCyanide
if on linux
( and if not - you should be )

this bash f.sh  will get you started

you want to loop through the dir
so for every f.webm  do
your cmd to transcode to mp3

save as mp3_script.sh  , make executable , run with ./mp3_script.sh
< >  those are the full path

#!/bin/bash

srcDir=<where your many f.webm>
dest=<where you want the mp3>

cd $srcDir

for f in *.webm; do

ffmpeg -i $srcDir/${f%.*}.webm  <your params> $dest/${f%.*}.mp3

done