[FFmpeg-user] Is it possible to write a DOLBY-E metadata flag to specific PCM Audio Streams in a MXF File?

Carles Vila cvilad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:24:11 CEST 2016

Sorry, I can only help you by saying that I've delivered a fair amount of
mxf files (d-10, imx, XDCAM...) with embedded DolbyE and I've never been
asked to provide this metadata info.
Of course I encode according to broadcaster specs, Dolby E is always on
CH5-6 and 7-8, so I assume they know what they're doing, for example not
playing back dolby E as regular PCM.

Have you been specifically asked to provide this metadata or is it just for
"courtesy"?

On 5 July 2016 at 10:17, Christoph Gerstbauer <christophgerstbauer at gmail.com