[FFmpeg-user] RTSP - RTP: dropping old packet received too late

Emil Burzo contact at emilburzo.com
Wed Jul 13 17:00:43 EEST 2016

I'm using ffmpeg to stream a RTSP stream from a "Hikvision
DS-7216HGHI-SH / A" DVR to youtube live.

ffmpeg -ar 44100 -ac 2 -f s16le -i /dev/zero -i $SRC -codec:v copy
-codec:a libmp3lame -b:a 128k -strict experimental -f flv $DST/$KEY

All fine and dandy until there is a lot of movement in front of the
camera, then I start getting these:

http://pastebin.com/znC9V2Fz

and then the stream stops transmitting to youtube, sometimes forever,
sometimes for a few minutes.

I'm pretty sure it's the <censored> firmware in the Hikvision, but is
there anything I can do to work-around this issue?

My current work-around in restarting ffmpeg every 10 minutes isn't fun.

Debugging is also a bit of an issue, since the camera is on top of a
mountain (a paragliding launch site, to be exact), and it needs a lot
of activity in front of it to trigger.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

- Emil