[FFmpeg-user] Question about ffprobe - multicast udp

Isaac Asimov iasimovsp at outlook.com
Wed Jul 20 03:46:34 EEST 2016

> From: Michell.Oliveira at sky.com.br
> To: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
> Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 11:03:20 +0000
> Subject: [FFmpeg-user] Question about ffprobe - multicast udp
>
> Hi, how are you?
>
> Sorry, my english is very very bad rsrrss
>
> I trying read a multicast UDP stream (MPTS) from Ethernet port, but information of video bitrate don't show to me. I try search all internet and no found resolution for it. You can help me?
>
> I use ffprobe to is function.
>
> Thank you so much for your support!
>
> Michell Duarte

MPEG-TS allows send elementary streams without give any bit rate field, so maybe you're searching for a field in your stream that it doesn't exist.

If you want to calculate video bitrate manually you can e.g. count the number of MPEG-TS packets with the video PID along 10 seconds, each MPEG-TS packet has a fixed size of 188 bytes.