[FFmpeg-user] Gettting Error while running ffmpeg script

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Jul 24 00:39:03 EEST 2016

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 23:30:19 +0200, James Darnley wrote:
> Am I the intended recipient of this message?  I'm not sure.  I was not
> addressed in it.  Regardless I have erroneously received the message
> quoted above.

Let's not be petty - it was addressed to ffmpeg-user and you are
subscribed (I assume). ffmpeg-user is even publicly readable, and
that's known. So all that must have been the sender's intent (and
yours by subscribing).

Yes, I too find these disclaimers totally useless, but people writing
from a work environment often can't avoid them.

I am much more annoyed e.g. by useless full quotes, the avoidance of
which doesn't seem to be important etiquette (unlike the avoidance of
top posting). But that's just me.

Moritz