[FFmpeg-user] (no subject)

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Jul 24 20:29:32 EEST 2016

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 18:16:14 +0200, Cley Faye wrote:
> of your input might change. The "-t" option allows you to specify a
> duration instead of a timestamp if this is an issue.

With that very old version of ffmpeg, he would have to, as it doesn't
support "-to". ;-)

> If I'm not wrong, your command line would look something like this:
> # ffmpeg -ss 00:00:10 -to 00:00:20 -i
> /home/lamas44747/public_html/sarmaye.mp4 -c copy
> /home/lamas44747/public_html/split.mp4

Let me add that you need to be prepared for surprises. To quote the
wiki:
"Note that if you specify -ss before -i only, the timestamps will be
reset to zero, so -t and -to have not the same effect. If you want to
keep the original timestamps, add the -copyts option."

Please see some of the examples here (none of them using "-to" as an
input option by the way):
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Seeking#Cuttingsmallsections

Moritz

P.S.: Thanks for a technical email. The list doesn't get many these
      days. ;) But I too agree ffmpeg-0.6.x really shouldn't be
      supported. With 2.8.x I wouldn't be so hard on the poster.