[FFmpeg-user] SAR changes when stream copying y4m video to Matroska when SAR is present in source

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jul 25 11:34:29 EEST 2016

Kieran O Leary <kieran.o.leary <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Feel free to open a ticket.
>
> Will do. Let me know if any further info or testing should
> go into the trac report.

I'd love to see a saner FFmpeg version string there
(but that's only me) ;-)

I originally wanted to suggest replicating with FFmpeg alone
(without an external source file) but feel free to use the
mentioned file.

> I updated ffmpeg before seeing your email, but I think the issue may
> persist. I use linuxbrew to compile ffmpeg on Ubuntu, so I'm not
> cloning ffmpeg manually.

That shouldn't make a difference (and it doesn't, it seems
your git binary is doing something differently).

> :~/.cache/Homebrew/ffmpeg--git$ git describe --tags --match N
> N-44450-g71167f7

What does the following show?
$ git --version

Carl Eugen