[FFmpeg-user] dvb_teletext -> .srt fails?

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:40:36 CEST 2016

On 1/15/16, Marton Balint <cus at passwd.hu> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jan 2016, Roger Pack wrote:
>
>> similar to
>> https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2015-June/027029.html
>> and
>>
>> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3025
>>
>> My "quest" is to convert an dvb_teletext stream to some human readable
>> (ex: .srt) format.
>>
>> Ex: using this file:
>>
>> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/attachment/ticket/3025/sbs.2.5M.ts
>>
>> I don't seem to be having much luck (DVBT stream).  Any feedback welcome
>> :)
>> -roger-
>
> That DVB teletext stream does not seem to contain any subtitles. Try to
> upload a bigger part somewhere if you are sure there should be subtitles.
>
> You can check with ffprobe if there are any actual decoded subtitles:
>
> ./ffprobe -of xml -select_streams s -show_frames

OK thank you for the hint, seems you were correct, that file has no subtitles.
If I try it with a file that does (ex:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayer-edl/files/Roger60.ts/download)
then it does work.
Curiously, that ffprobe showed "no packets" initially then I realized
that it itself needed to be compiled with --enable-libzvbi
then it showed the packet timestamps at least.
Thanks!