[FFmpeg-user] translate rtp to http

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 00:25:07 CEST 2016

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 4:38:12 AM CDT the serial top-poster juan carlos
Rebate wrote:
> the problem esque presupposes that I want to play in ffplay, but I do not
> want to play in ffplay I want reproduvcirlo in a html5 player for
> android created
> by me, so this repeat does not work and is not crap

˙ʇ,uop no⅄ ˙sʞɹoʍ ƃuᴉɯɐǝɹʇs ϛlɯʇɥ ʍoɥ puɐʇsɹǝpun noʎ ʇɐɥʇ sǝsoddnsǝɹd ǝnbsǝ
ɯǝlqoɹd ǝɥʇ 'ɥɐǝ⅄

- First, html5 video tags do not work for live video streams. They are only
for static video files. You might be able to get it to work with Chrome, but
that would just be dumb luck. Just because ffmpeg can use http as a transport
doesn't mean that's how it works with a browser.

- Second, even if it was the way live html5 video streaming is supposed to
work, this is a fantastically terrible means of doing so because as soon as
the socket connection is dropped on the client side, the fd on the server side
output will block and result in the process killing itself.

- Third, even if you did get a clue and read the documentation you've been
pointed to and realize that you need to set this up with ffserver rather than
ffmpeg if you want to make more than one connection, it would still suck donky
nads because it's not segmented which totally defeats any web cache
functionality.

- MPEG-DASH + MSE is the only way you're going to get a live video source
working in html5, and even then the live profile for ffmpeg's DASH manifest
generator isn't 100% compliant with the spec. Now go RTFM and stop top
posting.

-Reuben