[FFmpeg-user] command -h error

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jun 5 00:24:11 CEST 2016

Am 05.06.2016 um 00:14 schrieb juan carlos Rebate:
> how are you ?, not solve the question of the previous post, but it does not
> end here because ffmpeg works so bad to the point that not even provides
> help on your commands,when I try to ask for help console command always she
> tells me unknown, for example ffmpeg -h format mpeg or ffmpeg -h
> format=mpeg
> as indicated by the description of the command, but always indicates that
> unknown

nonsense

Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'
"ffmpeg -h" gives a lot of options, see below (stripped)

"ffmpeg -h format mpeg" WHERE do you see that mentioned?

"ffmpeg -formats" is aas example valid according to the output below

Print help / information / capabilities:

-L                  show license

-h topic            show help
-? topic            show help
-help topic         show help
--help topic        show help
-version            show version
-buildconf          show build configuration
-formats            show available formats
-devices            show available devices
-codecs             show available codecs
-decoders           show available decoders
-encoders           show available encoders
-bsfs               show available bit stream filters
-protocols          show available protocols
-filters            show available filters
-pix_fmts           show available pixel formats
-layouts            show standard channel layouts
-sample_fmts        show available audio sample formats
-colors             show available color names
-hwaccels           show available HW acceleration methods