[FFmpeg-user] How to re-encode 3d video to 2d video

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Jun 6 10:06:10 CEST 2016

On Sun, Jun 05, 2016 at 19:35:03 -0600, jd1008 wrote:

To add to what Cley wrote:

> ffmpeg -i the_3d_video.mp4 -r 29  -vf

Why are you forcing the output to 29 fps? This will most likely lead to
frame duplication or drop. Unless there's something very particular
you're trying to achieve, just leave "-r" away.

> P.S. using ffmpeg-2.1.8-1.fc20.x86_64
> because this computer is stuck at fc20 and upgrading to fc23 breaks
> other things.

You can get binary builds here, which should work fine on F20:
http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

(And take that F20 machine off the internet please, it's dangerous.)

Moritz

P.S.: May I ask what updating to F23 breaks? Apart from that there's no
      support for a direct online update across three versions.