[FFmpeg-user] What is the correct way to cut the video with ffmpeg?

桃源老師 xanadu6291 at dream.jp
Tue Jun 21 13:18:50 CEST 2016

> 2016/06/21 7:02P.M. Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos<at>ag.or.at> wrote:
> 桃源老師 <xanadu6291 <at> dream.jp> writes:
>
>> The resulting video playbacks fine with ffplay and VLC
>
> So there is no problem for which you are searching for a solution?

Yes my problem is cutting video with not on the key frame is correct or not.
If resulting video is bad, I can understand my way is wrong.
But *unfortunately* the resulting video is fine...

>> except QuickTime Player have approx. 2 seconds black screen on start.
>
> The reason could be different start times for audio and video,
> it does not sound related to key frames.

Thank you for teach me.

> It is generally correct that with "-codec copy" video can only be
> cut on key frames. For h264, it may no be so easy to define a
> "key frame", valid h264 streams without key frames exist, it should
> still be possible to cut them.

So this is the answer for my question right?

Since my video is h264, it can be cut at non key frame even though I use
"-codec copy".  right?

Best Regards,

// Miya aka. TougenRoushi