[FFmpeg-user] What is the correct way to cut the video with ffmpeg?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jun 21 13:52:59 CEST 2016

桃源老師 <xanadu6291 <at> dream.jp> writes:

> > It is generally correct that with "-codec copy" video can only be
> > cut on key frames. For h264, it may no be so easy to define a
> > "key frame", valid h264 streams without key frames exist, it should
> > still be possible to cut them.
>
> So this is the answer for my question right?
>
> Since my video is h264, it can be cut at non key frame even though
> I use "-codec copy".  right?

No, I just wanted to explain that valid h264 videos without
key frame exist, and that it should be possible to cut them.

I cannot answer your original question, you have not even
shown complete, uncut console output (it is always required
if you need help here), nor provided an example input file.

(And I am not sure if I understood your original question, was
it "I have a correctly looking output video but I expected it
to be broken"?)

Sorry, Carl Eugen