[FFmpeg-user] CPU usage using two ssegment

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jun 30 11:29:31 CEST 2016

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 13:47:07 -0300, Bruno Hass de Andrade wrote:
> Hello. I'm generating an HLS stream from an RTSP input and now I need to
> save to MP4 as well.
[...]
> I'm just repackaging the RTSP stream in HLS and mp4.
> Am I doing something wrong?

Yes. You are ignoring the fact that each output target has its own set
of options. Therefore, your "-c copy" (and other output options) only
applies to your first output.

You either need to set relevant output options a second time, after the
name of the first output file, or use the tee muxer. (Caution: When
setting the output options a second time, ffmpeg still encodes twice!
Just that in your case, with "-c copy", that's just fine.)

As Carl Eugen pointed out, please always show us the complete console
output. Issues are much easier to detect, because ffmpeg actually says
what it is doing (d'uh!), and we could point out to you what you
missed to observe.

Moritz