[FFmpeg-user] Screen capture without sound

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Sat Mar 5 09:02:20 CET 2016

Am 05.03.16 um 08:04 schrieb 桃源老師:
> [...]
> The command I run is as follows: $ ffmpeg -f avfoundation -i "1:0"
> -vf "scale=1280:800,crop=1280:720:0:40" -c:v libx265 -preset
> ultrafast -x265-params crf=25 -c:a libfdk_aac -b:a 160k test.mkv

Why do you still do this complex processing although we suggest to
narrow it down very simple processing?

We try to reduce possible failures to see if your problems are explained
by what we think causes them. You seem to face audio frame drops and
because you say it is all like noise, your frame drops are significant.
Try with the raw&native formats I suggested.

> My MacBook Pro is Retina Display model.  Is it related with the
> strange screen resolution of result video?

Define "strange".

It has been reported that if you are running in HiDPI mode, nevertheless
the actual resolution is captured.

-Thilo