[FFmpeg-user] DCP creation

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Mar 10 23:36:20 CET 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 03:36:29 -0300, laurie hughes wrote:
> http://www.michaelcinquin.com/library/ffmpeg
[...]
> [AVFilterGraph @ 0x7f98b3600a40] No such filter: 'rgb2xyz'
> Error opening filters!

That page clearly says that
a) That filter was provided by a patch, which you had to apply to your
   ffmpeg source code, and
b) xyz colorspace is now supported natively by ffmpeg.

So I think that "-vf" option is obsolete and can be dropped.

> Unrecognized option 'cinema_mode'.
> Error splitting the argument list: Option not found
>
> I worked my way thru each error by removing the offending option each time
> eg.
> Unrecognized option 'numresolution'.
> Error splitting the argument list: Option not found
>
> Unrecognized option 'prog_order'.
> Error splitting the argument list: Option not found

This tells me that your ffmpeg is not compiled with libopenjpeg
support. It will use the native jpeg200 support, which is most likely
*not* what the author of that web page intended you to use.

> [image2 @ 0x7fbe84800600] Could not open file : /Volumes/JJ_ASSIST/aux_files/exports/160225_JJ_liamtest/000001.j2c
> av_interleaved_write_frame(): Input/output error

This is some other error. Sorry, I don't know.

> My goal is to have a quick way to make DCPs. I realize there are a
> lot of other options but Id love to see if I can get FFMEG to create
> a jpeg2000 in XYZ colourspace.

You will need to compile your own ffmpeg with libopenjpeg support, or
find such a binary.

Moritz