[FFmpeg-user] Building FFmpeg with OpenJPEG 2.0

Aaron Boxer boxerab at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 15:40:04 CET 2016

OK, figured this one out. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Here is what I had to do:

1. Install latest OpenJPEG from source (version 2.1)
2. remove check for openjpeg library from configure script
3. $ ./configure --enable-libopenjpeg
--extra_cflags="-DHAVE_OPEN_OPENJPEG_2_1_OPENJPEG_H"
4. manually edit config.h and change
#define HAVE_OPEN_OPENJPEG_2_1_OPENJPEG_H 0
HAVE_OPEN_OPENJPEG_2_1_OPENJPEG_H 1
5. make

Perhaps someone who understands FFmpeg configuration can advise on how to
improve this.

Cheers,
Aaron