[FFmpeg-user] Transcoding MPEG TS

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Mar 24 10:11:01 CET 2016

Tsarfin Kirill <kdts1989 <at> yandex.ru> writes:

> For last three weeks I try to transcode MPEG TS to MPEG TS
> and reduce video bitrate.
> But all times ffmpeg changed pid and first PCR count.

Please understand that FFmpeg is not an MPEG-TS editor (just
as it is not a mov editor, this was requested or actually
believed a few weeks ago). It is a transcoding application
which means in your case, you cannot use transport streams
as input and expect only certain things to change: A new
output file will be written not necessarily with the
properties of your input file.

That being said, please look at the following help output:
$ ffmpeg -h muxer=mpegts

Carl Eugen